The research activities of our grup are organized in 3 areas
- Design of Medical Equipment and Systems
- The main goal of this research area is the design and development of biomedical instrumentation for diagnostics, therapy and monitoring. We are focused in portable biomedical instrumentation and biotelemetry, and in the design and development of new sensors and signal processing algorithms for non-invasive monitoring based on mobile platforms. We are working in four main sub-areas: medical, sports, healthy life styles and animal implant.
- Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy and Tomography: Medical, Sports and Industrial applications
- The objective of this research area is the measurement of physical parameters in a broad range of materials from in-vitro cell cultures and human tissues to concrete by non invasive techniques based on impedance measurements. The main techniques used are: Electrical Impedance Tomography, Impedance Spectroscopy, Inductive Spectroscopy and Radiofrequency propagation
- Electromagnetic Compatibility and Safety
- Research and Consultancy on Medical Safety and EMC for Medical Equipment Design